Traditional style, grace & flow linking traditional maneuvers into continual motion. Drop knee & reverse drop knee turns, nose riding, tube riding, re-entries, delayed floaters & cross step walking in both directions.
Boards must 9ft plus, be a single fin with no provision for other fin configuration, minimum weight of 8kgs, have 50/50 rails with no hard rails around the nose / tail.
Participants can also surf in the A & B Grade or Southside Lady Longboarderdivisions.
Southside Loggers criteria:
• Log riding is judged on continual motion, style & grace in the critical section of the wave.
• We are looking for flowing, controlled turns…. nose riding in the critical section of the wave & stylish graceful manoeuvres with an emphasis on a clean transition into the next manoeuvre with little down-time.
• High scoring potential is placed on a minimum four to six step pattern to & from the nose cleanly, technical noseriding only when executed well, leading into a smooth transition to your next manoeuvre of your repertoire.
• This is “Not a Nose Riding Division” but more about surfing the wave with all manoeuvres.
• Modern Log Judging is critiqued over the WHOLE WAVE PACKAGE.
• We are judging Traditional Surfing with the emphasis on FLOW, CONTROL & STYLE.